• CDM

If I use my own workforce to carry out "non notifiable CDM defined construction work" on my site does this fall under the CDM regulations.
  • If I use my own workforce to carry out "non notifiable CDM defined construction work" on my site does this fall under the CDM regulations.

• Hi @Eric Wright,

Thanks for your question. I'll touch base with one of our HSS consultants as he's in the office today. I'll let you know his response.

I encourage others to share as well.

Amy
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 03-12-2018 at 02:08 PM.
    Network Community Manager
    Download the EEF Network app for iPhone or Android here
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here
  • Hi @Eric Wright,

Thanks for your question. I'll touch base with one of our HSS consultants as he's in the office today. I'll let you know his response.

I encourage others to share as well.

Amy
    Network Community Manager
    Download the EEF Network app for iPhone or Android here
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here

• Hi @Eric Wright, I hope you are well? If you carry out anything defined under CDM as 'construction work' CDM applies regardless of the notification issue, under CDM2015 the notification duty is a stand alone one and has no implications as to the application of the rest of the regs. CDM2015 applies to all works big and small and AMG will always be the 'Client', if you then carry out work yourselves AMG also become 'Designer' and 'Contractor' and must comply with all the duties of each. If you involve any outside contractor then because of the more than one contractor ruling, then you also become 'Principal Designer' and 'Principal Contractor'... If you need help then please just ask! Kind regards, Mike Denison
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 03-12-2018 at 03:32 PM.
  • Hi @Eric Wright, I hope you are well? If you carry out anything defined under CDM as 'construction work' CDM applies regardless of the notification issue, under CDM2015 the notification duty is a stand alone one and has no implications as to the application of the rest of the regs. CDM2015 applies to all works big and small and AMG will always be the 'Client', if you then carry out work yourselves AMG also become 'Designer' and 'Contractor' and must comply with all the duties of each. If you involve any outside contractor then because of the more than one contractor ruling, then you also become 'Principal Designer' and 'Principal Contractor'... If you need help then please just ask! Kind regards, Mike Denison

• @Mike Denison

Once again thanks for a clear and precise answer. The regulations in this area can be confusing as we already insist on RAMS if we use any additional external contract labour, the confusion and debate arises when our site services manager uses one of our permanent site labourers to do the work. Again thanks Eric
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 04-12-2018 at 10:30 AM.
  • @Mike Denison

Once again thanks for a clear and precise answer. The regulations in this area can be confusing as we already insist on RAMS if we use any additional external contract labour, the confusion and debate arises when our site services manager uses one of our permanent site labourers to do the work. Again thanks Eric