• Seeking site visit to view storage and work flow systems

Hi all

I am a recent engineering graduate and working as a manufacturing engineer for Numatic international (the company that makes Henry vacuum cleaners).

I am new to this site and apologise if I am looking in the wrong place.

I am looking at storage and work flow as a project and would more than appreciate any opportunities that you may offer in terms of site visits/guidance etc.

Open to visits to any manufacturing company.

Best Regards
    Shameer
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 21-11-2018 at 03:28 PM.
  • Hi all

I am a recent engineering graduate and working as a manufacturing engineer for Numatic international (the company that makes Henry vacuum cleaners).

I am new to this site and apologise if I am looking in the wrong place.

I am looking at storage and work flow as a project and would more than appreciate any opportunities that you may offer in terms of site visits/guidance etc.

Open to visits to any manufacturing company.

Best Regards
    Shameer

• Hi @Shahmeer Khan

Thanks for introducing yourself to the Network. Would you be able to provide some extra detail about the type of system you are looking to experience? This will help others when deciding if their business is a good option for you.

We can then outreach to some members who may be able to help.

Thanks

Amy
    Network Community Manager
    Download the EEF Network app for iPhone or Android here
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here
  • Hi @Shahmeer Khan

Thanks for introducing yourself to the Network. Would you be able to provide some extra detail about the type of system you are looking to experience? This will help others when deciding if their business is a good option for you.

We can then outreach to some members who may be able to help.

Thanks

Amy

• Hi

Yes sure.

So I am working in the manufacturing department of a company that employs around a 1000 people. We take raw material (polypropylene, ABS etc) from granules to products such as a henry vaccum cleaner, ride on scrubbers and so on.

We have a very large product range which means that the inventory can sometimes be too much to hold. This causes problems in storage. I am looking at the feasibility of a Just in Time manufacturing process at this factory currently and would like to implement some changes before that.

So in terms of experience I would love to see how other manufacturers (plastic or otherwise) take their products from manufacture to storage of parts and then finally assembly. How they manage their product flows for example using a WMS system. Storage allocation, inventory reduction, inventory organisation and ways of locating the products for assembly are also things I am very interested in.

I hope this explains what sort of thing I am looking for and would appreciate any efforts.

Best regards
    Shameer
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 21-11-2018 at 04:00 PM.
  • Hi

Yes sure.

So I am working in the manufacturing department of a company that employs around a 1000 people. We take raw material (polypropylene, ABS etc) from granules to products such as a henry vaccum cleaner, ride on scrubbers and so on.

We have a very large product range which means that the inventory can sometimes be too much to hold. This causes problems in storage. I am looking at the feasibility of a Just in Time manufacturing process at this factory currently and would like to implement some changes before that.

So in terms of experience I would love to see how other manufacturers (plastic or otherwise) take their products from manufacture to storage of parts and then finally assembly. How they manage their product flows for example using a WMS system. Storage allocation, inventory reduction, inventory organisation and ways of locating the products for assembly are also things I am very interested in.

I hope this explains what sort of thing I am looking for and would appreciate any efforts.

Best regards
    Shameer

• Hi @Shahmeer Khan,

Thanks for that extra detail, it's really helpful! I will outreach to some community members who may be able to help.

I encourage others to share if they feel their business would be a good example for you to visit.

Amy
  • Hi @Shahmeer Khan,

Thanks for that extra detail, it's really helpful! I will outreach to some community members who may be able to help.

I encourage others to share if they feel their business would be a good example for you to visit.

Amy

• @Shahmeer Khan,

I will help you with this.

John
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 23-11-2018 at 08:47 AM.
  • @Shahmeer Khan,

I will help you with this.

John

• Hi @John Benjamin thanks for offering to help Shahmeer with this, I will connect you over email so you can discuss the details.

Amy
  • Hi @John Benjamin thanks for offering to help Shahmeer with this, I will connect you over email so you can discuss the details.

Amy

• Thankyou, Will contact you through email.
  • Thankyou, Will contact you through email.

• Good Afternoon Shahmeer

The problems you are facing are very common in manufacturing so do not worry!

Desoutter has worked in partnership with a number of UK manufactures implementing PivotWare, which is PC based process control, that gives the customer full ownership of their production line.

Here is a link for a recent installation - https://youtu.be/f8JEh-XjQiY - Desoutter & IAC Group Industry 4.0 Progress through Partnership.

If you want to know more please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Stephen Draper-Garcia
  • Good Afternoon Shahmeer

The problems you are facing are very common in manufacturing so do not worry!

Desoutter has worked in partnership with a number of UK manufactures implementing PivotWare, which is PC based process control, that gives the customer full ownership of their production line.

Here is a link for a recent installation - https://youtu.be/f8JEh-XjQiY - Desoutter & IAC Group Industry 4.0 Progress through Partnership.

If you want to know more please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Stephen Draper-Garcia