• Is your business stuck in 'Pilot Purgatory' when it comes to disruptive technologies?

I have been reading an article on Mckinsey & Company 'The next horizon for industrial manufacturing: Adopting disruptive digital technologies in making and delivering' The most interesting concept from the article is the idea of 'pilot purgatory' relating to those manufacturers who don't move beyond the initial pilot phase of implementing disruptive technologies into their business because they make the same few mistakes and in the authors' words, 'fail to capture sustainable impact at scale'.

So has your manufacturing business been in 'pilot purgatory' - did you try to implement disruptive technologies that didn't provide the ROI that you had envisaged? What were your key learnings that you can share with other manufacturers?

We're also keen to hear from manufacturers who can share their success stories of implementing disruptive technologies and provide other with pointers in the right direction.

Share your thoughts with others on the Network.
    Network Community Manager
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Network here

You can now download the EEF Network on the Apple Store or Google Play see here
  • I have been reading an article on Mckinsey & Company 'The next horizon for industrial manufacturing: Adopting disruptive digital technologies in making and delivering' The most interesting concept from the article is the idea of 'pilot purgatory' relating to those manufacturers who don't move beyond the initial pilot phase of implementing disruptive technologies into their business because they make the same few mistakes and in the authors' words, 'fail to capture sustainable impact at scale'.

So has your manufacturing business been in 'pilot purgatory' - did you try to implement disruptive technologies that didn't provide the ROI that you had envisaged? What were your key learnings that you can share with other manufacturers?

We're also keen to hear from manufacturers who can share their success stories of implementing disruptive technologies and provide other with pointers in the right direction.

Share your thoughts with others on the Network.
    Network Community Manager
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Network here

You can now download the EEF Network on the Apple Store or Google Play see here