• Clocking in/Time Recording and interface to Payroll systems/Flexible working practice

Hi All
    I'm interested to hear from employers only at present, on the following:

• what systems do you use to clock/record working hours of employees and does that system download the data for purpose of payroll processing?
    • Do many of you use clocking in systems or not? do those systems interface with your payroll system or is it a manual admin process i.e. download the report from the clocking in system?
    • do you have a clocking in/payroll process system that pays from the point an employee clocks onto a job/task etc rather than the point at which they arrive on site?
    • Additionally, does anyone operate flexi working practices in an engineering service/manufacturing environment? if so, how do you manage? core hours?

I would be grateful if anyone would be willing to share their current practices on the above processes.

thanks in advance

Kind regards

Marie
  • Hi All
    I'm interested to hear from employers only at present, on the following:

• what systems do you use to clock/record working hours of employees and does that system download the data for purpose of payroll processing?
    • Do many of you use clocking in systems or not? do those systems interface with your payroll system or is it a manual admin process i.e. download the report from the clocking in system?
    • do you have a clocking in/payroll process system that pays from the point an employee clocks onto a job/task etc rather than the point at which they arrive on site?
    • Additionally, does anyone operate flexi working practices in an engineering service/manufacturing environment? if so, how do you manage? core hours?

I would be grateful if anyone would be willing to share their current practices on the above processes.

thanks in advance

Kind regards

Marie

• Hi @Marie Thomas

This is an old post so I am not sure if you will check this. But at Numatic Internationals manufacturing department we use a KRONOS system.

This records the time that people clock in and clock out. These are shown to the person handling the team who then records any overtime/late clockins and acts accordingly.
    If we are a minute past our clock in time then 15 mins are deducted from the hourly pay. Employees are generally encouraged to clock in a few minutes before the clock in time (e.g. 7:30 starts would be encouraged to clock in at around 7:25) so that they are ready to start work at 7 30.

We do not operate flexi working hours as it is highly likely that a small percentage of people would likely abuse that system losing the company thousands of hours annually.

Best of luck
    Shahmeer
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 22-11-2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: tagging
  • Hi @Marie Thomas

This is an old post so I am not sure if you will check this. But at Numatic Internationals manufacturing department we use a KRONOS system.

This records the time that people clock in and clock out. These are shown to the person handling the team who then records any overtime/late clockins and acts accordingly.
    If we are a minute past our clock in time then 15 mins are deducted from the hourly pay. Employees are generally encouraged to clock in a few minutes before the clock in time (e.g. 7:30 starts would be encouraged to clock in at around 7:25) so that they are ready to start work at 7 30.

We do not operate flexi working hours as it is highly likely that a small percentage of people would likely abuse that system losing the company thousands of hours annually.

Best of luck
    Shahmeer

• thank you @Shahmeer Khan for your feedback - it is much appreciated. is that system used by all employees - shopfloor and office-based? does the Kronos system interface with Payroll. Has this procedure been in place for some years and for how many employees?

thanks

Kind regards

Marie
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 23-11-2018 at 04:43 PM. Reason: tagging
  • thank you @Shahmeer Khan for your feedback - it is much appreciated. is that system used by all employees - shopfloor and office-based? does the Kronos system interface with Payroll. Has this procedure been in place for some years and for how many employees?

thanks

Kind regards

Marie

• So our whole company is split into different sections. Manufacturing, production and sales being the biggest. As far as i know, it is used by all employees except sales (for no particular reason but it just always has been like this).

in production and manufacturing, they are used by shop and office based as it just makes it fair. We also have offices on the shop floor for supervisors so it would not make sense if only shop floor employees were required to use it.

The procedure has been in place for quite a few years and out of the 1000, I could roughly estimate that more than 2/3 use that system.

It is also used for recording holidays, can provide information on late clock in's, booking holidays and a lot more.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if you need any other information.

Regards
    Shahmeer
  • So our whole company is split into different sections. Manufacturing, production and sales being the biggest. As far as i know, it is used by all employees except sales (for no particular reason but it just always has been like this).

in production and manufacturing, they are used by shop and office based as it just makes it fair. We also have offices on the shop floor for supervisors so it would not make sense if only shop floor employees were required to use it.

The procedure has been in place for quite a few years and out of the 1000, I could roughly estimate that more than 2/3 use that system.

It is also used for recording holidays, can provide information on late clock in's, booking holidays and a lot more.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if you need any other information.

Regards
    Shahmeer