• Stress related risk assessments at work

Hi - Has anyone implemented stress based risk assessments in the workplace, or have used any templates they deem to have been useful/successful? thanks Paul
  • Hi - Has anyone implemented stress based risk assessments in the workplace, or have used any templates they deem to have been useful/successful? thanks Paul

• Hi @Paul Smith

Happy Friday and thanks for posting your question. Stress in the workplace is a really interesting topic, here at EEF we received delivered stress awareness workshops for our staff that went down really well. The Labour Force Survey reported in 2011/12 that stress accounted for 40% of the 1,073,000 cases of occupational ill health.

In terms of stress related risk assessments I found a few Health and Safety Executive guides online that I thought may be helpful. Please see attached.

There's loads of good information on their website too http://www.hse.gov.uk/stress/index.htm

I also encourage others to share their experiences with you

Stress risk assesment.pdf
    Tackling work related stress.pdf

Amy
    Network Community Manager
    Download the EEF Network app for iPhone or Android here
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here
  • Hi @Paul Smith

Happy Friday and thanks for posting your question. Stress in the workplace is a really interesting topic, here at EEF we received delivered stress awareness workshops for our staff that went down really well. The Labour Force Survey reported in 2011/12 that stress accounted for 40% of the 1,073,000 cases of occupational ill health.

In terms of stress related risk assessments I found a few Health and Safety Executive guides online that I thought may be helpful. Please see attached.

There's loads of good information on their website too http://www.hse.gov.uk/stress/index.htm

I also encourage others to share their experiences with you

Stress risk assesment.pdf
    Tackling work related stress.pdf

Amy

• That's great Amy thank you! we have a number of items off the HSE website, I just wondered if there's anything EEF can send across specifically, or working examples from other companies who have gone through this. best regards Paul
  • That's great Amy thank you! we have a number of items off the HSE website, I just wondered if there's anything EEF can send across specifically, or working examples from other companies who have gone through this. best regards Paul

• @Paul Smith no problem. As an update, I've emailed some of my HSS colleagues internally and I'll outreach to some Network members who may be able to help based on their expertise.

Amy
  • @Paul Smith no problem. As an update, I've emailed some of my HSS colleagues internally and I'll outreach to some Network members who may be able to help based on their expertise.

Amy