• Time tracking

Hi

does anyone know of a piece of software or mobile app to track where someone spends their time. This is for a management tool in terms of working out what activities are carried out as opposed to anything production or machine orientated

thanks
  • Hi

does anyone know of a piece of software or mobile app to track where someone spends their time. This is for a management tool in terms of working out what activities are carried out as opposed to anything production or machine orientated

thanks

• Hi @Jane High thanks for your question. I'll contact some community members and see if they can help.

In the meantime, I encourage others to share their experiences.

Amy
    Network Community Manager
    Download the EEF Network app for iPhone or Android here
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here
  • Hi @Jane High thanks for your question. I'll contact some community members and see if they can help.

In the meantime, I encourage others to share their experiences.

Amy
    Network Community Manager
    Download the EEF Network app for iPhone or Android here
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here

• Hi @Jane High,

I've been advised that most invoicing apps have some capacity for this. A ex colleague in the US uses Hiveage and Expensify. Having checked on UK tools ZoHo and whenIwork have both been recommended.

I hope these help
    kirsty
  • Hi @Jane High,

I've been advised that most invoicing apps have some capacity for this. A ex colleague in the US uses Hiveage and Expensify. Having checked on UK tools ZoHo and whenIwork have both been recommended.

I hope these help
    kirsty

• Hi @Jane High

There are plenty of web based services & apps for this, mainly used by the freelancing community for billing projects. We've used Harvest (https://www.getharvest.com/) which has a chrome browser extension & seems to work pretty well.

Kind Regards,

Darren.
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 20-11-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: tagging
    Best Regards,

Darren Joint.
    CEng MIMechE

Viking Signs Ltd | Sales: 01476 957980 | DDI: 01476 957984
    Twitter: @darrenjoint | Visit: vikingsigns.co.uk
    The UK's largest range of safety signs, manufactured on demand.
  • Hi @Jane High

There are plenty of web based services & apps for this, mainly used by the freelancing community for billing projects. We've used Harvest (https://www.getharvest.com/) which has a chrome browser extension & seems to work pretty well.

Kind Regards,

Darren.
    Best Regards,

Darren Joint.
    CEng MIMechE

Viking Signs Ltd | Sales: 01476 957980 | DDI: 01476 957984
    Twitter: @darrenjoint | Visit: vikingsigns.co.uk
    The UK's largest range of safety signs, manufactured on demand.

• Hi @Jane High, yes, how many people do you want to tract, and what do they do? John
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 23-11-2018 at 08:33 AM.
  • Hi @Jane High, yes, how many people do you want to tract, and what do they do? John

• Hi @Jane High,

if you are still looking - we use a system which is part of Quickbooks, called T Sheets. It allows individuals to log in and out of their location, select what sort of work they are doing, upload photos etc. It also tracks them, so that you can actually see where they are either live, or follow their movements for a day. Loads of other features too.

It may seem a bit ' Big Brother' but for our purposes (we have a lot of site teams, all over the UK), this allows us to check and monitor individual whereabouts.
    Many different reports available too.

Every site team member has the app installed on their mobile device. It did require 'buy in' from everyone, but after a year or so of using this piece of software, we have found it invaluable.
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 05-02-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: tagging
  • Hi @Jane High,

if you are still looking - we use a system which is part of Quickbooks, called T Sheets. It allows individuals to log in and out of their location, select what sort of work they are doing, upload photos etc. It also tracks them, so that you can actually see where they are either live, or follow their movements for a day. Loads of other features too.

It may seem a bit ' Big Brother' but for our purposes (we have a lot of site teams, all over the UK), this allows us to check and monitor individual whereabouts.
    Many different reports available too.

Every site team member has the app installed on their mobile device. It did require 'buy in' from everyone, but after a year or so of using this piece of software, we have found it invaluable.

• thanks for this
  • thanks for this