19-04-2018, 09:53 AMKirsty Areki replied to a post Is there a place for Uber freight in the UK? in Digital Manufacturing & Cyber SecurityHi Wrbridgman I love the name BOMfire and I've had a look around the site too. Is there a particular sector you are looking to supply to? I see predominately metals, although I can see plastics on there too. Is there a video demo of the site you could share here on the Network? If its on YouTube its very easy to share and I'm sure will be of interest to our members. And if you develop the freight aspect do share that too!2 replies | 205 view(s)
10-04-2018, 10:33 AMKirsty Areki replied to a post Quality advice - the hardest question in the world to answer! in Manufacturing AdviceHi @Tim Morris I have today been speaking with Michael Hague-Morgan who mentioned a very similar issue his plant was having. The fact that the human error - even at 1% when multiplied across a line results in loss of competitiveness. He spoke of using a "No Fault Forward" system of sensors, resulting in just that - no piece of work can move forward as the sensor system detects the fault then and there and alerts the operator. I've tagged Mike in - and hopefully he will chip in too Kirsty5 replies | 515 view(s)
09-04-2018, 02:36 PMKirsty Areki started a post You are Invited to the Digital Catapult Roundtable 6th June 2018 in Digital Manufacturing & Cyber SecurityEEF Future Factories EVENT IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE DIGITAL CATAPULT GET TO GRIPS WITH 4IR AND how the Digital Catapult can support you 6th June | 6pm – 9pm To book click here https://www.eef.org.uk/membership/networking-events/eef-and-digital-catapult-roundtable-on-future-factories Hear from experts in Blockchain and Internet of Things (IoT) ──── Get insights on how you can get a head start in your 4IR journey ────0 replies | 126 view(s)
06-04-2018, 10:51 AMKirsty Areki started a post Is there a place for Uber freight in the UK? in Digital Manufacturing & Cyber SecurityWe have all seen the disruption Uber has driven to the individual transportation market – the taxi riots in Paris will have impacted a fair number of our members. Many of you may have benefited from their Uber eats food delivery service. The next service currently in the US which will inevitably travel over is Uber Freight. What impact do you think this will have on your organisation?2 replies | 205 view(s)
28-03-2018, 11:04 AMI spotted this bike hire from one of our members while out and about for lunch in Birmingham today @William Butler Adams @Paul Williams @Gavin Smith A great example of the "Dematerialisation of product" as part of the 4iR journey. In this example the traditional model of ownership is changed in to a point of use availability and payment or subscription to the service. Have you considered how you could "Dematerialise" your product?0 replies | 131 view(s)
27-03-2018, 08:41 AMThe digital safety gap - all security issues come from the one weak link. Sent from my iPhone using EEF Network1 replies | 140 view(s)
27-03-2018, 08:35 AMHere at the Barclays Digital Eagle Lab in Birmingham ready for the open public session on digital safety1 replies | 140 view(s)
26-03-2018, 09:59 AMKirsty Areki started a post Facebook live session with our Apprentices in Manufacturing News & InsightsJoin our Facebook live session over at EEF Apprentices and Skills group on Facebook Starting at 10:45 26/03/2018 https://m.facebook.com/EEFapprentices/ or watch the video! Sent from my iPhone using EEF Network0 replies | 124 view(s)
26-03-2018, 09:32 AMScissors being displayed on the Micro:Bit Sent from my iPhone using EEF Network2 replies | 172 view(s)
26-03-2018, 09:14 AMCoding the Rock, Paper, Scissors game Sent from my iPhone using EEF Network2 replies | 172 view(s)
26-03-2018, 08:33 AMAll we need now are the kids Sent from my iPhone using EEF Network2 replies | 172 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
About Kirsty Areki
About Kirsty Areki
- Job Title:
- Network Facilitator
EEF - Network Facilitator
EEF - Network Facilitator
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 02:02 PM
- Join Date
- 10:36 AM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Michael Hague-Morgan in post Quality advice - the hardest question in the world to answer!... been speaking with Michael Hague-Morgan who mentioned a very...
- 10:33 AM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Tim Morris in post Quality advice - the hardest question in the world to answer!Hi @Tim Morris I have today been s...
- 10:49 AM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Peter Flynn in post Bringing 3D analysis and imaging, on the nano-scale, to the Heart of the South West,... their experiences @Peter Flynn @Denis Parsons
- 10:49 AM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Denis Parsons in post Bringing 3D analysis and imaging, on the nano-scale, to the Heart of the South West,...ences @Peter Flynn @Denis Parsons
- 01:37 PM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Garry Clawson in post Bugatti has 3D-printed a brake caliper from titaniumHi Garry Clawson The original post s...
- 03:47 PM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Tim Morris in post Help & Advice on CMT (cold metal transfer) weldingHi Tim Morris , I have had the f...
- 10:45 AM - Hidden
- 09:56 AM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Jane High in post Work experience placement request - Reading area in JulyHi Jane High, I am speaking t...
- 09:14 AM - Kirsty Areki mentioned Paul McPartland in post How to plan a Planned Maintenance schedule when operating on a three shift pattern?Hi @Paul McPartland , what I have seen o...
No results to display...